Monday, February 11, 2013

A Snow Day.

Friday our phone rang at 6am to say no school for my Kindergartner.
WOOHOO, what kid doesn't love a snow day!
Then just before 8am another phone call my preschooler has a snow day too.
So, I made a decision to spend the day capturing what they would decide to do.  Mistake? Well, we will have to see!
The view from our front door wreath.

First they decided to watch a few morning cartoons in Mom and Dads room.  We love Disney Junior.

1. Yes my house is a mess, but on snow days, I have better things to do :)  2. This is Grace's view of Sophia the first.
Doesn't everyone have a bullhorn in their house :/   I had to veto that after about 3 minutes!

My cousin set us a GIANT box of paper and some stickers earlier this week (THANK YOU AGAIN KATELYN), so they took a dive into playing and crafting it up.

I told you it was A LOT of paper :)

Jenni only lasted about 6 minutes and then she was done.  Grace was well into her artwork and had to get it done before she could leave.


They decided to watch the new episode of Sophia The First and requested that I join them.

We ate some lunch then it was time for rest time.  Grace usually reads, but I let her watch a movie and we added the tent for a little more fun.

Jenni still takes a nap, but she also requested a tent, thank goodness we have two.

Grace decided she did want to read, so we did a little book and digital reading.....I think I heard a little game playing too though ;)

She LOVES playing pretend, ANYTHING pretend......she was making food with playdough and being a waitress.  *The cakeballs were DE-LISH!

She got into a little bit of trouble not following some rules, so she had to sit in time out and fell asleep.  
All in all it was a great day, the girls really liked picking what to do.  They didn't really like me following them around all day, and would block their face from being photographed.  I think a lot of photographer parents get this, as we probably always have a camera in our hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment