Friday, February 15, 2013

Her first date.



Grace came home from school one day and told me she had to ask her Dad out on a date.  I knew right away what that was......the Daddy Daughter Dance! 
I think I remember the first time with my Dad, but the most important thing I remember with my Dad was feeling like a princess and then totally dancing our butts off!
She bites her nails, but I thought we would paint them anyway!
My hope is that Grace feels those same things, but she will have photographic evidence of her magical evening :)

While I wanted to make her hair into an up-do or beautiful curls, she just wanted her hair to be simply straightened.  I guess you always want the opposite of what you already have ;)

So we fixed up her hair and I added just a touch of eye shadow.

Jenni was not left out of the process!  While she is not old enough to attend (you have to be in kindergarten) we got her glamed up for a night in with me :)

Grace wanted to pick out some jewelry to wear, I let her pick out what she wanted.  She ended up choosing a small purple flower on a chain.

I just see her growing up so quickly!

She asked if she could get a new dress, this is what she picked out :)




Getting ready to head out to dinner before the dancing.

Jenni wanted to get in one too ;)

I asked Ryan to channel his inner photographer and take a few photos from the dance for me.  After laughing at me like I was joking, he said all I have is my phone for a camera, all I said was PERFECT!   It's not about a fancy camera its about the memories!  :) 
It was a candy land themed dance.

He did a great job capturing a really fun night!  They look cute too :)

Grace is in that mess somewhere dancing with a few friends, she had a blast!


Have an AMAZING day and don't forget to take photos of things that are fun for you!   Even telephone cameras work :)

1 comment:

  1. How very precious. She was beautiful, beaming with happiness! Daddy and daughter looked perfect.

    ReplyDelete